Why a Professional Website is Worth it
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you know about the importance of having a website for your business. But perhaps you feel that your business is doing pretty well without one, so you’re good for now. Or maybe you’ve put it on your mile-long to-do list, thinking you’ll get around to it…eventually.On the other hand, maybe you do have a website. Many small business owners like yourself reason this way, “I don’t have a large, well-known brand so I don’t need anything fancy. Just something basic will do.” This thinking often leads them to use DIY tools to create their sites, and maybe you’ve done this very thing.Whatever scenario above is closest to your reality, you must understand the importance of not only having a site, but having a quality one.
Why You Need a WebsiteThere are many reasons why you can’t afford to go without a website in this day and age.
1. It’s One of the First Things Potential Customers Search ForWhen potential customers drive past your physical location and want to know more, they head to your website—if you have one. When you appear in local search results and they’re interested in your offerings, they’ll do the same thing—if you have one. In just about any circumstance, potential customers will check out your website right away. But, of course, they can only do this if you have one. If not, they will quickly dismiss your business and move on.
2. It Gives You Online VisibilityIn instances where people don’t know to search for your business specifically, you can actually point them in your direction. A site that’s optimized for search engines has the potential to stand out in search results. As a result, it will likely be seen more often and earn more traffic than sites that don’t rank as high. In other words, with a website comes exposure, without a website comes…nothing.
3. It’s a Powerful Way to Nurture LeadsOnce you get potential customers on-site and they show a definite interest in your offerings, they are considered leads. But leads are not yet ready to become customers. So how do you get your leads to become prospects and your prospects to become customers? You can nurture them progressively by means of your website.
4. It Facilitates Interaction with Existing CustomersIn addition to connecting you with potential customers, a website will enable you to maintain your connections to existing customers. Whether through logging into online accounts, checking for company announcements, or for any other reason, having a website is a benefit for both your customers and for you.
5. It’s the Core of an Effective Lead Generation StrategyIn social media marketing and email marketing, you are encouraged to direct traffic to your site. If you wisely follow that advice, you will be able to nurture leads, promote conversions, and keep in contact with existing customers, as mentioned. But what’s more, you’ll also have a way to track the effectiveness of your marketing efforts overall, such as the most common sources of traffic.It goes without stating that you receive none of these benefits if you don’t have a website. But if you do have one that’s not as high-quality as it could, you risk:
- Not being seen online, potentially due to lack of optimization
- Hurting your business’s credibility and reputation
- Deterring potential leads either because of poor user experience or some other issue