Who we are
Our website address is: https://finder.co.tz
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you transmit to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Please also note:
- Account Information: If you create a Finder account, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your full name, email address, zip code, physical address, and other information you may provide with your accounts, such as your gender, phone number, and birth date. We may publicly display your first name and last initial, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the registration process, as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account through your account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by flagging it.
- Public Content: Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your photos, ratings, reviews, tips, lists, collections, compliments, Ask the Community posts, Finder posts, and edits to the business listing information. Your account profile (e.g., first name, last initial, city, neighborhood, month joined, profile photos and friends) is also intended for public consumption, as is some of your other activity through the Service, like how you vote on other people’s contributions (e.g., useful, funny, cool, helpful, not helpful), where you check-in, which users you follow, and which businesses you bookmark. You can limit the public nature of some of these activities through your account settings.
- Contacts: You can invite others to join or become your friend on Finder by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access your contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third-party sites to select which individuals you want to invite. If you allow us to access your contacts, we may transmit that information to our servers long enough to process your invitations.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and Finder. You can manage some of your messaging preferences through your account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Finder. For example, if you make a reservation, order food, place yourself on a wait list, or request a quote from a business through the Service, we may send you messages about your transaction using the contact information you provide, including through automated SMS text messages to your phone number. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from us or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to use of the Service, as well as our efforts to improve the Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages, fraudulent solicitations, or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If you send or receive messages through the Service via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails, and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Finder, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business. Our calls with you may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes.
- Transactions:If you initiate a transaction through the Service, such as a reservation or purchase, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and payment information (such as a credit card number and expiration date), as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties, and third parties may share such information with us, for the same purposes. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology. If you write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Service, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses. For example, if you make a dinner reservation through the Service and write a review about your experience, we may publicly display the fact that you made your dinner reservation through the Service.
- Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, businesses you call using our mobile applications, and reservations and purchases you make through the Service. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon-based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. We may also receive and store your location whenever our mobile applications are running, including when running in the background, if you enable our mobile apps to access such information in the course of using the Service. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the “Location Services” settings for our applications in iOS privacy settings.
- Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or desktop computer) and different platforms (e.g., the Finder website or Finder mobile app). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one Finder platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other Finder platforms.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
You may contact us through the contact form.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Who we share your data with
In order to protect to the Finder user information’s, we are not sharing these type of personal data such as IP Address, payment processors, and passwords to any consumers on Finder.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights we have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information
You contact information will be automatic store on our website and we also encrypt it as well. We will not share it with anyone unless you give us permission, so don’t be worry about that.
How we protect your data
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via the mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
For Woo Commerce Users
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Form Fields Data: Forms Fields data includes the available field types when creating a form. We’ll use this to, for example, collect information like Name, Email, and other available fields.
- Location, IP address, and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping. Also, for reducing fraudulent activities and prevent identity theft while placing orders
- Transaction Details: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, provide & regulate subscription packs that you bought and keep track of your payment details for subscription packs!
When you fill up a form, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password and any other form fields found in the form building options. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including transaction details and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our form offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- Or any other service the built form was created to comply with and it’s necessary information
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the form fields for future submissions.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue keeping it. For example, we will store form submission information for XXX years for tax, accounting and marketing purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses.
Who on our team has access?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, Administrators and Editors and anybody else who has permission can access:
- Form submission information and other details related to it
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill transactions and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Also, we accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Please note any future modules that will be added will have some data transferred to their own platform which falls in their own data policy.
As an example while using MailChimp for your marketing email automation service by integrating it with weForms, some of your data will be passed to MailChimp, including information required to process or support the email marketing services, such as name, email address and any other information that you intend to pass or collect including all collected information through subscription.